Monday, August 13, 2007

Partial non-knitting post ....


...since my 2 regular readers/commenters are not knitters, and like to cook (hey! Judi - you just got a new stove, and Karen - whats with going to Sur La Table "for fun" and impulse buying a trivet if you don't like to cook!): I cooked the other night: Ricotta Gnocci from the most recent issue of Cooks Illustrated. Karen, for extra enticement: This recipe required using the food processor THREE times (but, I didn't clean it in between because its all going into the same dish anyhoots, right?)?

In knitting news, I finally finished my grasshopper socks and while I don't think that I will knit a second pair ever (the YO P2tog pattern wasn't the most fun for me), I like them. So, now I have to knit a fun pattern: Jaywalkers! This is a great pattern, and I love watching the stripes emerge (I'm using Lornas Laces from here); these are going fast, so there probably will be pics soon.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

The gnocci sounds delicious but I can't imagine I would ever make a recipe requiring 3 uses of the food processor!

Judi said...

The gnocci sounds like it's probably really good but the picture lookes a bit "ify". New stove or not, I hate to cook and if a food processor is involved, it's not happening at my house.

Happy knitting!
Judi

karen said...

what's a 'trivet'? did i really buy one? what do i do with it?

true, i did go on a splurge at 'On top of the Table', but i don't think i earn lame points quite yet...in addition to the food processor i also bought myself a cool retro flask for going out, so there.

jan robbins said...

Hi Cindy, Your Blog is a long one. I like the pixes you took of your projects and of Columbus. Now what about all of those unfinished projects in your bag! (and no knitting while you drive or at red lights!!! Jan