Friday, November 30, 2007

Defeat

Well, I have finally admitted to myself, NaKniSweMo is not going to happen for me. Except for the completely impulsive lone Marigold sock, I have a bit of knitting blah right now, and just haven't been knitting much the past few weeks. I don't know why at all, you would think now that winter is upon us, I would want to knit sweaters, other warm things. But I guess more than anything, I've just been feeling lazy, maybe because I am spending too much time at home with Chief:

My cat, Chief. Very lazy.


Even yesterday, I said to myself, there is still time for Marseilles (my November sweater) (!!!It only took me 3 hours to knit the first cable repeat!) Marseilles is going to be a project. I found it requires A LOT of concentration, frequent use of the crochet hook for fixing mistakes, and I guess I am just slowing down as winter comes on (less sunlight, less time outside=overall less activity) so this isn't the right project for me right now. Its funny, I picked that pattern because I wanted a challenge, but the challenging part of it was what kept me from picking it up. Its going to sit in the basket for a while now, maybe I will do a repeat here and there, but now I really want to crack into my latest Rowan ... lots of bulky yarn projects!! (Right now I am between (warning, Ravelry links): Petersburg, Iceland, and the Alpine Shrug - any opinions out there?)

2 comments:

Judi said...

Hi Cindy- It sounds like you are in a knitting slump! I understand,I feel just like Chief looks- lazy! I hope you can get back into the swing of it, in the meantime, rest up for your work of fixing kids!

We miss you here in Cleveland!!

Courtney said...

Hi! I'm a new reader who can definitely empathize with the knitting slump. I agree that it seems to have something to do with the decreased sunny hours. I tell myself that I'd knit more if I had a fireplace to do it in front of. One day!

Those Rowan patterns are lovely. I'm partial to Petersburg... though that could just be my obsessive love of cables rearing its ugly head.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found your blog. You're a fun read!