Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wow, May

The spring is flying by, isn't it? I guess that I have had big projects to help pass the time ... I'm going to be moving to a new city in a few months, so have been spending waaay too much time online looking for apartments and reading about the city (because I don't know much about this city, but am getting excited).

I also just made a major purchase:
New Car!
Keychain Sock Blocker Sock by Debbie Jennings, purchased at The Loopy Ewe
Koigu KPPM
US 1 needles
(the car is cute too, isn't it?)


But, there has been knitting as well ...
Jules Socks
Jules Socks by Kate Blackburn, in The Inside Loop (a new online knitting magazine!)
Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight - Rose Quartz
US 1.5 needles


I knit the first sock in Israel, of course using up precious packing space to bring yarn for another project just in the case that I finished the pair ...well, it was not completely for waste because my next sock project was to be Snicket Socks from the suddenly (at the beginning of April) non-existent Magknits. Yes, the pattern is on Ravelry now, but it took about a week for it to appear there and I was very proud of myself for having the pattern printed out already during that time!
Lucky!
(The precious pattern and Claudia Handpainted sock yarn in Honey)

I've also been chugging along on two scarves, both of which seem to be taking longer to knit that I expected. Hopefully I'll have finished pictures soon, my goal is to get as many UFOs (2 sweaters, 2 scarves, 3 single socks, and 1 pair of mittens) done before I move as possible, and to try to not cast on for any more projects either until they are all done .... delusional, I know ...

3 comments:

Sway Knits said...

Those socks are beautiful! I've been lusting after the Rose Quartz colorway and now I'm going to have to get some! :-)

Also, congrats on the Prius!

Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely GORGEOUS! I may have to add them to my queue. Good luck with the UFO's.

Courtney said...

Hooray for Priuses! Congrats on the new purchase.

Great socks, too!