Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Proof

Its so Airy! :)
Karen's Interview Scarf

I've talked about/alluded to my sister before, and you have probably seen her smart comments on here as she likes to give me a hard time about knitting - but I think she is envious (she always says that she wants to learn) and ?something is just holding her back. FYI - Remember, her yarn (hit the above link): it was bought back in the fall and, still, is just sitting there). Anyway, here is proof that she IS interested in knitting: Karen, here is your scarf - on my blog - as YOU requested! And you could knit this scarf, which you like so much, after learning just a few stitches!

Interview Scarf Close-Up
Karen's Interview Scarf/aka Airy Scarf from LMKG
Knit in the fall of 2006 with Colinette Parsienne, Raphael on US 10 needles

This was my first lace project/well, lace project using lacey yarn and I would recommend it as a first lace project. The pattern is easy (just knitting, yarn overs), and fairly quick (although, for me, nothing in that book takes as little time as they claim). The Mohair/Lace weight yarn can be tricky to start out with (use wooden needles - less slippery) - it took me some time to get the hang of it and keep it from becoming a tangled mess. And best of all, it has satisfying results: sometimes the simple patterns are the best ones. (that reminds me ... I have a skein of malabringo in the stash which is perfect for a garter stitch scarf)

1 comment:

karen said...

holy sh$^#^$ who stole my interview scarf and then tied it in a tree?