Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Rockin'

My first FO of this blog!
STR Inside Out
Rockin' Sock Club 2007 - Kit #1: Inside Out
Socks that Rock Mediumweight - Monsoon
Toes/heel/leg knit with US1, foot with US0 DPNs
Started: Early March 2007, Finished: Late April 2007

Well, my first of a few things...

First time knitting with Socks that Rock (they do!)
First toe up socks.
Inside Out

First short row heel. First cabled socks. (to be fair, this is just my second pair of socks)
Inside Out close up

I love them - I have been intrigued by BMFA STR since I started reading blogs because, well, everyone else is, but I had never managed to get my hands on a skein (thankfully for my budget, I'm not much of an online yarn buyer). So, for a birthday present to myself this year , I joined the Rockin' Sock Club (doesn't it feel good to splurge on yourself?). I really enjoyed the pattern, and I am looking forward to the next installments and trying new sock techniques. While this isn't a color I would have picked, I think these are going to get worn a lot - they match so much and its not that I don't like the colors, I'm just usually drawn to brighter ones. Plus, its so fun to wear one "inside out" - they are reversible! Its also interesting to see how my tension varies with whats going on in my non knitting life - I am a pediatric resident, so, some months are much more demanding than others. For the most part (all of sock #1, and to the leg of sock #2), these were knit on a light rotation, but finished recently during a call month (See the pooling? Call month. Its knit so much tighter! Sleep deprivation = bad).

Best of all, I finished just before receiving this:
Sock Club #2 arrival
the next installment (this one calls for knitting with 2 circulars!)

No comments: